Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Puerto Rico!


This year the St. Kate's swim team took their annual training trip to Ponce, Puerto Rico. My parents made bringing Anja along possible by making the trip themselves and helping to take care of Anja while I was coaching. (THANK YOU!) Anja continues to be an exceptional traveler, being the best baby on every flight we took (four). Here are some of my favorite photos.


We learned that Anja LOVES the water (yes!).


Anja with G'ma in downtown Ponce and with G'pa at our hotel's pool.


We went to El Yunque, a rainforest in northeastern Puerto Rico. Here's a shot of the team.


Anja and I opted out of the hike (I went on it when we were there two years ago--not very friendly for a one year-old). We found a great spot though and played with fallen leaves and splashed in puddles of water.



Puerto Rico has some great views and beautiful sunsets.


Anja poolside. We took walks around the pool area each morning and dipped our feet just for fun. Her hair curled like crazy in the humidity!

1 comment:

Peter said...

You'll always have place for Mad City. I don't know if it will be my house or my parents, but you will have a clean, comfortable place to stay. If Kathryn wants, I'll do the half with her, otherwise I'm doing the full. When are you coming for an IMWI training weekend?