Friday, May 15, 2009

3 weeks, 2 1/2 years and the Big 3-0!

Today marks Milla's third week of life, Anja's 1/2 birthday, and my 30th birthday. Anja and Erik surprised me this morning by waking me up with cards and gifts in hand. Anja was so excited that she told me what she picked out (a cool purple Sigg waterbottle) before we finished opening the present. She's got great taste!

Erik, Milla and I are flying to Chicago today so that I can attend a coaches swim clinic. Headlining is Michael Phelps' coach, Bob Bowman, who I hope to learn a few things from! I love Chicago, so it'll be nice to celebrate (kind of) three decades of life there!

Anja is staying with both sets of grandparents this weekend, one night at each. I'm pretty sure she's going to have a great weekend as well! Good times!

4 comments:

Sarah said...

Happy Birthday! And have a restorative and informative trip! :)

Peter said...

Happy Birthday! I'll have to come up there soon to give Erik a little guy time. Let me know what it is like being 30, so I'll know what to do when I get there.

Victoria M. Solomon said...

Happy birthday, Shana, and congratulations on the new arrival to your family!

You've done a lot by age 30! It's fun to come on your blog and see pics of your family. Austin and I are doing really well in Korea, and we're not sure what's next for us. Take care and give a big hello from us to Erik!

Anonymous said...

Happy (belated) birthday Shana!! And congratulations on Milla's birth! Ingo and I admired her (and the whole Erickson family) on your recent blog posts. We look forward to meeting Milla and seeing you guys again. We will spend summer in the cities, so hopefully we can get together sometime.

All the best wishes to the newborn, her sister, mother and father :)
Love, Annette and Ingo