Sunday, September 14, 2008

Adventure Day

I'd love to take credit for the idea of an adventure day (good 'ol family fun we're talking about here), but I can't. A few weeks ago I reconnected with my good friend Sarah with whom I spent a semester in Crete while at Concordia. We realized we don't live too far from each other and we got to meet her two daughters and their chickens! (Check out their blog "Growing!" in the link to the right). In any case, it's been fun reading about their adventure days and a recent trip of theirs to Tamarack Nature Center, one of my favorites, inspired us to get out this past Saturday and go on an adventure of our own.

Despite a little rain, Anja loved it. We went on about an hour hike through the park and Anja walked nearly the entire way! Here are some photos from our day.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Thanks for the shout out! I'm glad we could pass on a good idea.

Adventure day is a staple now, even though it doesn't always make it onto the blog. I'm looking around for kid-sized snow shoes so we can keep it up this winter!

abax said...

hey, i like that slideshow feature!