Monday, September 01, 2008

Back to work

As a teacher I start work in earnest this week. As always, it's a bit bittersweet. On the one hand, I'm excited for a new year and new opportunities. On the other hand, summer is over and it is still work.

This weekend also marked Shana's and my sixth wedding anniversary, along with Ron's birthday. Happy Birthday Ron and Happy Anniversary us! After a relaxing evening with Ron, Linda, Steve, Shana and Anja last night I pulled a Shel Silverstein book off the shelf and found this poem that I thought was fun.

Hurk
I'd rather play tennis than go to the dentist.
I'd rather play soccer than go to the doctor.
I'd rather play Hurk than go to work.
Hurk? Hurk? What is Hurk?
I don't know, but it must be better than work.

- Shel Silverstein: A Light in the Attic

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Happy Anniversary! Maya's favorite Silverstein is Ickle Me, Pickle Me, Tickle Me Too and their famous ride in that flying shoe....

Best thing about being a parent is revisiting the good stuff from when you were a kid!