Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Hail hits Norway Lake - A week ago

Last Sunday, June 10th, Shana and I were visiting the Hoffman's and Clementson's at their cabin on Norway Lake near New London, Minn. Erin and Ben Hoffman along with Mark Gudmastad are Anja's Godparents. We had a great time. Highlights included a long nap taken by Erik and Anja while Shana and Erin toured the lake via pontoon. That night we were hit by one heck of a storm. I posted a video we took on YouTube and have embedded it here.
I have never seen hail like that. Luckily it didn't appear to do any major damage. The photo below is one of the larger pieces of hail we found. They ranged from dime size to half-dollar size hail.

On the way back we visited my Grandparents, Anna and Gordon Halvorson. They were both doing really well and enjoyed seeing Anja. Shana and I are both very happy that Gordon's health continues to improve! From left to right in the photo below, Marilyn, Anja, Anna, & Gordon.

No comments: