Thursday, June 12, 2008

Mama's Little Helper

Anja shows us the recipe for Rocky Road Brownies (on the left).

Last night I gave Anja a choice: take a bath or make Rocky Road brownies. Her response was, "Brownies, yum-my!" So, brownies it was.

I have a new favorite recipe for brownies (see below), courtesy of my favorite cooking magazine, Everyday Food. I was introduced to this magazine in the summer of 2004 by a friend from the Peace Corps who worked for Bon Appetit magazine before she left for PC with her husband. I quickly became a fan and have been recommending it ever since.


Anja thought it would be best to test the chocolate chips before we used them. Apparently they were a-okay!


There's nothing like a stick of butter mixed with chocolate! I didn't say these were fat free--that's why they taste so good!

Now that Erik is home for the summer (graduation was today---yay!), I hope to be able to try out some new recipes in the next couple of months. Here are a couple to get you folks started. Good luck!

Rocky Road Brownies
Do yourself a favor and skip the marshmallows--they take away from the good stuff! You can skip all of the toppings to just make a great pan of brownies.

Watermelon & Feta Salad

This is a favorite that I started making last summer--easy and oh so good!


Grandma Linda came over to learn more core exercises this morning and Anja joined right in!

No comments: